We hope that you find this page helpful and that you are able to find the information you are looking for. We are always looking to improve these pages, so if you have any suggestions, or ideas for things that should be covered, please do let Chris Boden know.
If you would like more information on a particular topic, then please do contact the Finance Team.
A useful resource is the Church of England's Parish Resources website, which covers a range of issues.
Latest News & Training
- Following the Budget, it has been confirmed that the amount claimable through Gift Aid will remain at 25% (equivalent to 20% taxed) until 2027, even though income tax is reducing to 19% in 2024. For further information read here and here.
- The Church of England has created a new webpage about fundraising for Net Zero Carbon and Environmental projects.
- Parish Buying have partnered with Farewill, an online will writing company, in order to provide free wills. Using Farewill, anyone in your church can write their will, from home, in as little as 30 minutes - at no charge. There is no obligation for people using the service to leave a gift to a church, and loved ones will - and should - always come first.
- Parish Finance Returns are now open for completion - please complete these by the 28th June. For more information click here.
- The Give A Little premium serivce will continue to be free for the whole of 2022 through Parish Buying. Give A Little is an online giving platform, which can help your church receive donations. For more information please contact Chris Boden.
- Information about the new Diocesan Healthier Churches Fund can be found here.
- Information about the new Kingdom People Fund can be found here.
Data Developments has a range of free webinar training for new treasurers in June, including looking at their accountancy packages. For more information go to https://www.datadevelopments.co.uk/Training
Generosity in Luke's Gospel - looking at God’s promise to us and how this relates to talking about generosity and giving in our churches we will discover what Luke had to say about giving, focussing on the parables of the lost sheep, lost coin and the prodigal son, as well as the parable of the Good Samaritan.
Contactless and Online Fundraising - we will look at what is available for your church, tips and tricks that other churches have found useful and talk about upcoming opportunities that your church can be involved with, funded partly by the National Team.
Association of Church Accountants and Treasurers (ACAT) is an organisation set up to help church treasurers, however there is a membership fee and much of the information is behind a paywall.
Ecclesiastical have improved their fundraising webpage, with particular advice for rural churches and free resources, such as a list of top grant funders.
Generosity Learning Hub hosts several courses, focusing on the cultural, theological and discipleship aspects of growing generosity in churches. The website aims to help those who preach and teach about generosity and stewardship and equip them with resources that can be used in their churches and communities.
Generosity Week has new resources from the national church for use in the Parish. Suitable for use at any time of year.
Parish Buying uses the bulk buying power of the Church to negotiate competitive prices with approved suppliers, across a range of different products.
Parish Resources is a free Church of England website covering a large amount of information on the practical sides of running a church.