True Freedom - a lent resource from The Clewer Initiative
The World Council of Churches and The Clewer Initiative have combined forces to launch a substantial new resource for Lent 2024. True Freedom, a six-week course for Lent, draws on themes from the book of Galatians, and encourages individuals and churches to respond to modern slavery in their communities.
True Freedom includes:
- a short Bible study on the book of Galatians
- a reflection written by Revd Dr Kenneth Mtata (WCC Programme Director for Public Witness and Diakonia) and Bishop Alastair Redfern (Chair of The Clewer Initiative)
- questions for group discussion or personal reflection
- victim stories
- a prayer
- art work to contemplate and discuss
- case studies from churches in the UK, Italy, Tanzania, Hong Kong, Ghana, Uruguay, Jamaica and the Cayman Island.
- information and statistics about modern slavery
- action points that are appropriate for different contexts.
Easter resources from different organisations
The Evangelical Alliance has collaboratively created a page on their website with a whole host of Easter resources, with offerings from most of the major parachurch organisations. Find them here.
Easter Scavenger Hunt
- This scavenger hunt themed around the Easter story could be used by families walking around their local area. Download a pdf
The Easter story in Playmobil
The Revd Julia Quinn has produced a set of Playmobil photos for Holy Week and Easter, covering Palm Sunday, the cleansing of the Temple, The last supper, foot washing and Gethsemane, through the crucifixion to the resurrection. All are available to be used and can be downloaded from this site.