RSS Feed

Rich Johnson becomes National Leader of New Wine

Published: 17th March 2023

Rich JohnsonRich Johnson, Vicar of All Saints in Worcester is to be the new National Leader of New Wine, a network of evangelical churches in England.

Announced at the New Wine Leadership Conference last month, Rich will take on the role from May. He will be seconded to New Wine for 45% of his time while continuing to work in our Resourcing Church for the other 55%.  The Trustees of New Wine, recognising how Kath and Rich lead together, have also invited Kath Johnson to also be part of the leadership of New Wine going forward alongside her role with IJM (International Justice Mission).

Rich said: It’s a huge privilege for Kath and I to receive the baton of leadership of New Wine England from the Harcourts over next few months as I become National Leader & we form a new leadership team. We’re so thankful for the support of All Saints and others in the Diocese as we take on this challenge.” Rich at new wine conference

Rich has been part of the New Wine family since he came to faith in Jesus as a member of Trinity Cheltenham. He recently developed a new strategy for networking church leaders around the country.  Bishop Jill Duff, one of the trustees of New Wine, who chaired the interview process commented: “Rich brings vision, prayerfulness and strategic clarity. We were unanimous in our decision to appoint him. Team is vital to him and our passion to grow younger and more diverse was already on Rich’s heart.”

Bishop John welcomed Rich’s appointment saying: “I am delighted that Rich has been appointed as the next Leader of New Wine. He is an exceptionally gifted leader and pastor who has done so much in his role as Vicar of All Saints over the last ten years. He will be brilliant in this new role and here in Worcester we can bask in reflected glory as well as continue to benefit from Rich’s considerable ministry in our midst.”

Page last updated: Friday 17th March 2023 11:26 AM

Latest News

Call for prayer ahead of the General Election

23rd May 2024

The bishops of the Church of England have issued a call to put prayer and participation at the heart of the General Election campaign as the UK prepares to go to the polls....

Sign up for the Diocesan Mailing

The Diocesan Mailing is produced every two weeks and contains news, training opportunties and events from around the diocese and wider Church of England. Sign up here.

Send us your news

If you have a news story you'd like to share with us, please email Sam Setchell / 07852 302516. If you have an upcoming event you'd like to publicise, you can add it to our calender.     

Latest Video Reflection

Every two weeks we produce a short video reflection. These cover a range of topics and themes and are published on the website and our social media channels.

Powered by Church Edit