Find a Church

Stone: St Mary the Virgin

Address: Stone Hill Stone Kidderminster
DY10 4BE
Parish: Kidderminster East
Telephone: (01562) 822131
Deanery: KIDDERMINSTER
Archdeaconry: DUDLEY

The Parish of Kidderminster East is made up of 5 churches on the east side of Kidderminster - 

St Cassian’s (DY10 4SD), St Cecilia’s (DY10 1LP), St Chad’s (DY10 3AY), St George’s (DY10 2ES) and St Mary's Stone (DY10 4BE).

St Mary’s is a Grade II listed traditional stone faced country church with a congregation seating capacity of 130. The church, complete with a working bell tower and a traditional pipe organ, has a number of fine stained glass windows including one dedicated to Peter Collins, the racing driver, and one recording the many activities from the life at the recently closed church school.

There has been a church on the site since 1269 and following a fire the present church was built around the 1830s.